Introduction to Digital Pedagogy in ELT
A guide to thoughtful and effective use of technology in ELT
We're offering a 50% discount on this course! To get your discount, use the coupon code HALFOFF when you check out.
This course is an in-depth exploration of the effective, impactful use of digital technology in language learning. It draws on the latest thinking around Second Language Acquisition (SLA), leading-edge digital teaching frameworks developed by Cambridge English, and the learner-centred approach of LearnJam's Learner Experience Design methodology.
This course is ideal for you if you want to deepen your understanding of how digital technologies could (and should) be applied to enhance the teaching and learning of English.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- differentiate between pedagogy and digital pedagogy
- critique the role of digital technology in English language teaching
- evaluate the value of digital technology in specific teaching contexts
- recognise the importance of teacher training in the successful implementation of digital technology in teaching
- assess the gaps in your own knowledge and skills with relation to teaching with digital technology
- rate digital learning products and software by how well they adhere to principles of Second Language Acquisition (SLA) theory
- recognise the role of digital pedagogy in the wider context of delivering high-quality Learner Experience (LX)
What our trainees say ...
"The course is wonderful. I haven't seen anything like this anywhere."
– Danielle Sales, Freelance ELT editor, post-graduate in Education and Distance Learning
"The course gives a very good overview of what we should think about when being involved in EdTech."
– Eugenia Suntsova, Methodologist, Edwin Technology Corp
"I believe it's vitally important for our ELT Team to understand this topic as we start to take our organisation into the future."
– Chrissy Eland, Design Manager, ELT, Oxford University Press
"A very useful, clear and thought-provoking introduction and would resonate with many of my colleagues – it's the type of course my editorial team would benefit from (and have asked for)."
– Jennifer Murray, Publisher: Exams & Adults, Cambridge University Press
What you will get ...
- 55 minutes of video tutorial content divided into short, manageable chunks
- 'Before you watch' tasks designed to help you get the most out of the video content
- 15 fun, thought-provoking tasks designed to help you embed the thoughtful and effective use of technology into your practice
- A suite of design and planning tools to help you make decisions around the use of technology
- Exclusive access to the Digital Pedagogy Facebook community
Use the coupon code HALFOFF to get this course for £15 + VAT (usual price £30 + VAT)
Don't miss out!
Nick is one of the founders of LearnJam. Nick has worked in ELT publishing since 2004, as a Marketer, Editor, and Brand Manager at Cambridge University Press; as Publishing Manager of English360; and as a freelance ELT project manager, content developer, author, trainer and conference speaker. In 2012, he founded the world’s first ELT author representation agency. He is the Co-founder of the IATEFL Materials Writing Special Interest Group (MaWSIG). He co-founded LearnJam (then ELTjam) in 2013, and spends his time training senior executives, publishers and language schools on digital skills and soft skills, developing digital products and researching the topic of learner experience design (LXD).